Thursday, February 19, 2009

Starting Again

Okay, I have been inspired by my friend Debra to start writing the blog again. There is something kind of therpautic about writing things down and not caring or knowing who will see it....so here goes, I am back at it again. These past few months of married life have been great. It is really is a big adjustment to living with someone 24/7. When you are older like we both are you are more set in your ways and think "your way is the only way." Well it is has been a struggle sometimes to give in, say okay it is alright to not do this now, or it is okay to do this a different way. I believe that is one of the most wonderful, amazing and cherised thing about being married. Learning to change and for the better. You are changing to honor something that is a gift from God to you. You aren't giving up yourself for someone else, you aren't becoming someone you don't want to be....you are becoming who you were meant to be. I have always believed that life is a crazy ride and what a ride it is if you let it. Marriage is that same ride and I have known from the moment Jeff and I started talking of getting married and marriage was a ride that I certainly wanted to be on....and I love it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah for starting to blog again - it is very therapuetic!

Debra in Houston said...

yeah for blogging...boo for my brother still having my computer and me not checking all of my blogs that I read!

love ya,
debra